Swindon Council Tenancy Agreement

Swindon Council Tenancy Agreement: Know Your Rights

If you`re a tenant in Swindon, it`s important to know your rights and obligations under the tenancy agreement you have with the Swindon Borough Council. In this article, we`ll take a look at what the agreement covers, what your responsibilities are, and what to do if you have concerns about your tenancy.

What is a Swindon Council Tenancy Agreement?

A tenancy agreement is a document that sets out the terms and conditions of your tenancy with the Swindon Borough Council. It covers areas such as the rent you`ll pay, the length of your tenancy, and your obligations as a tenant.

The agreement also outlines the council`s responsibilities, such as maintaining the property and carrying out repairs when needed. It`s important to read the agreement carefully before signing it, as it will be legally binding.

What are your responsibilities as a tenant?

Under the Swindon Council Tenancy Agreement, you have a number of responsibilities as a tenant. These include:

Paying your rent on time: You`ll be responsible for paying your rent on time each month. Failure to do so could result in legal action being taken against you, and ultimately, eviction.

Looking after the property: You`ll be expected to keep the property clean and tidy, and report any repairs that need to be carried out. You should also avoid causing damage to the property or making alterations without the council`s permission.

Not causing a nuisance: You should be considerate to your neighbours and avoid causing any disturbances or nuisance. This includes keeping noise levels down, not causing damage to communal areas, and respecting the rights of other tenants.

What happens if you have concerns about your tenancy?

If you have any concerns about your tenancy, it`s important to raise them with the Swindon Borough Council. They may be able to offer advice or assistance, or take action if necessary.

For example, if you`re having difficulty paying your rent, the council may be able to offer support or arrange a payment plan. If you`re having issues with the condition of the property, you should report any repairs needed to the council.

In some cases, you may wish to seek legal advice if you`re experiencing issues with your tenancy. The Citizens Advice Bureau or a solicitor may be able to offer support and guidance on your rights and options.

In conclusion, understanding your rights and obligations under the Swindon Council Tenancy Agreement is important for ensuring a successful tenancy. By fulfilling your responsibilities as a tenant and reporting any concerns or issues, you can help to maintain a good relationship with the council and ensure a safe and happy home.

Geplaatst in Niet gecategoriseerd

Reacties zijn gesloten.